Interview with Kim Bourne, CPA, CFA, specializes in values-based investing
Take Action Now:
- Do you know the details of the investment assets you hold?
- Were your holdings acquired for a specific reason, around which a game-plan was created?
- Did you create this plan on your own, or did you work with a professional? If a professional, do you understand the approach/process they used…and why?
- Do you understand how the professional/s with whom you work is/are compensated? Do you know, if at all, if the manner in which he/she is compensated affects the advice they provide you?
- Have you heard of “values-based” investing as an investment approach? If so, it is something you practice?
- When you consider the advice Kim got as a teenager & how you manage your money – are you a transaction-based investor or relationship-based investor? Are you and your mate the same or different in this regard?
- Are you a “set it and forget it” investor, or do you make it a practice of reviewing your portfolio and rebalancing?
- Up until today, how have you defined risk? After listening to my interview with Kim, has your definition of risk shifted? If so, how?
- Are you and your mate really clear about what is important to each of you?
- How can this interview help you create a plan…and a map? THEY ARE NOT ONE IN THE SAME!
- If you work with an investment advisor, when did they last prepare an investment policy statement for you?
- What do you do when the market value of your portfolio dips? Do you have a buy and sell discipline?
- How do you share, if you do, investment decisions?
- How are you accounts “titled” – individual, joint, trust?
- How do you document your values and goals?
Kim Bourne’s website: http://www.playfairplanning.com/
Interview with Nicole Perrotta, insurance strategist
Up next…Module – Common Challenges & Questions