Beyond the Numbers
The Rules of Money Have Changed
Today, it takes a personalized strategy and plan to proactively manage everything about it. I’ll show you how.
It bums me out when people don’t get what they want out of life…because of money.
Sometimes, this is due to not really knowing what to do with the money you have – whether that’s figuring out the best way to save more, remove debt, invest smarter or earn more.
Sometimes, this is due to simply not having enough money. This is especially challenging if you earn six-figures yet still find yourself living paycheck-to-paycheck.
It makes me sad because there’s a better way.
You know there’s a better way, too. You ask questions; you read books and blogs; you scour the internet for new tools and techniques to try.
But if you’re like most of my clients before they work with me, you tend to look in all the wrong places for what’s missing.
By wrong, I mean this: you focus on increasing your “know-how” regarding the numbers.
You focus on how to save more; how to remove your debt; how to invest better; how to earn more. In other words, you focus on technical skills.
Focusing on “how” in this way is all about the mechanics of money, an approach that is so old-school. It is what may have worked well for your parents and grandparents generation.
But you need something else – the realities of today’s financial world require a different focus.
Today, you need to go beyond the numbers to achieve sustainable financial success.
Yes, personal finance is about your numbers, but it’s also about your behavior, habits, beliefs, and mindset.
So, your financial strategy and plan should reflect your values, hopes, dreams, goals, and obligations. And, respect what scares you.
It should reflect that money is emotional – because everyone reacts emotionally to money.
That’s where a personalized financial strategy and plan comes in.
A personalized financial strategy and plan requires introspection, intention, and committed-action. The stuff that comes about from talking, listening, learning, journaling, and experimenting with new ideas and behaviors.
It needs constrained time. Meaning: Not too much time that you get stuck in analysis-paralysis and don’t actually implement anything. But enough time to let the process of discovery, analysis, scenario-planning and forecasting reveal the way forward.
When you have a personalized strategy and plan…
- you feel grounded;
- your decisions and choices feel more focused and intentional;
- you use tools and techniques that feel like the perfect “fit” for you
With a personalized strategy and plan, managing the many moving pieces of the life-and-money puzzle feels…easy. Imagine that!
A generic off-the-shelf strategy is an option and can work. But, it could never, ever deliver on the dimensions that really, really matter.
Because the rules of money have changed, the only strategy and plan you’ll ever need to proactively manage everything about it is the one that is customized for you.
It’s how you get what you want out of life…because of money.
Now that, that is what I want for you! Helping you get what you want brings me immense joy.
My body of work, which also includes my writings and public speaking, explores a variety of “money and…” intersections.
And, I’m slightly obsessed with getting you to see that you don’t manage money per se…you manage your choices around money.
Everything I do is with the goal of helping you make better, smarter moves with your money.
I have an MBA in finance and an undergrad in marketing from a design school – a combination that helps me bring a designer’s mind-set to you and your situation.
By blending creativity, analysis and empathy, I help you solve problems, get answers, and satisfy your desires. In other words, I help you get out of your way so you can achieve your goals.
Working with me is not like the off-the-shelf financial model of your parent’s (and grandparents’) generation – that doesn’t quite match up with the realities of today’s world.
Instead, I geek out by showing you how to adjust your approach to money to adapt to the new rules of money, and to do what is right for you, at the right time, in the right way. This is why I created Beyond the Numbers.
When you and I go Beyond the Numbers, we’ll take four (4) months to complete a 360 degree look at your financial picture and life.
During this time, we’ll have six (6), 60-minute coaching calls. Yes, we’ll crunch the numbers. But we will also tap into your relationship with money – exploring your values, beliefs, behavior and habits in a grounded way (read: not, woo-woo).
Because your “why” shapes your “how.”
Your “why” serves as the foundation of your money story, and it fuels your goals.
Your “why” provides the momentum for us to co-create a financial strategy and plan that is perfectly suited for you – your life, your goals, your dreams, your values, your strengths, your style and your personality.
(please note: for couples, it’s best if both of you are present for the initial and final calls, but we can be creative about the other calls to reflect what’s best for your circumstances and desired goals.)
Once we’ve gone Beyond the Numbers, you’ll come away with a workable action plan that aligns with your values, dreams and goals, and gives you a…
- Renewed sense of confidence and hope that comes from knowing you have a non-static plan designed to fund your goals in life — for life
- Framework that makes it effortless to ensure your “why” is the springboard from which you make the money decisions that impact your life and the life decisions that impact your money
- Greater sense of independence that comes from knowing your plan reflects your money strengths, money style and money personality — and not the latest trend.
You’ll also know the other types of financial professionals, if any, you need to add to your team in order to implement your plan.
Once we’ve gone Beyond the Numbers, you’ll have a customized strategy and action plan you can’t wait to implement.
This gives you a chance to tap into my insight & experience – all gained from working with a broad spectrum of people with varied financial conditions, experiences, obligations, wants and needs.
You also benefit from my non-conventional, sometimes contrarian view of the world (which comes in handy from a creative-thinking perspective), quirky personality (which makes dealing with money-related matters fun and engaging) and personal wisdom acquired first-hand from my own “life and money” lessons (which means I act as your guide and never like the “expert guru” talking down at you).
And for good measure, you’ll have email access for questions for 120-days.
(*All coaching engagements begin with a Financial Analysis Session.)
Here’s how you and I will go beyond the numbers to collaboratively create a bespoke financial strategy and action plan:
- Book your Financial Analysis Session (all coaching engagements begin with this session). Click here to book your analysis session.
- We’ll have a 45-minute meeting (we’ll send you what you need) and we’ll collaboratively go over everything to map out a concrete, personalized and actionable plan.
- You’ll receive a recording of our session along with a post-session Strategy & Action-Plan prepared by me.
Everything is private, confidential, safe and secure.
Beyond the Numbers is all about creating a workable plan that focuses on your whole financial picture and gets you results you wouldn’t on your own effort alone.
This is for you if:
- You love the intimacy of a 1:1 coaching relationship and like the idea of having a financial partner.
- You have a high value for a creative + comprehensive approach to money – one that doesn’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach.
- The idea of a financial strategy designed just for you actually excites you!
- You’ve tried doing it on your own, but that didn’t work out too well.
- You want to work on your entire financial picture (and not just one specific area like the Financial Jam Session does)
- You are ready to take calculated risks and making proactive decisions to up your money game.
- You geek out on having insight, clarity and self-assurance when it comes to managing your money.
- This car analogy applies to you: Your car keeps making a nagging noise, and you don’t know why. Time to see the mechanic…or call the guys from Car Talk!
Payment plans are available for Beyond the Numbers, but this is a non-refundable investment in your new financial reality. It’s a live experience – you and me, one-to-one. Not a packaged or digital product. When we work together, I’m putting everything I have into you — thinking about what’s best for you given the information you’ve shared with me about what’s important to you. And by everything, I mean EVERYTHING – everything I’ve learned, everything I know, everything I’ve observed, everything I’ve experienced, everything I am. All. For. You.