In a Safe Space, Vulnerable Money Conversations Can Be Fun…Really!
Don’t you just love getting together with friends and making new ones?
And, don’t you just love feeling financially secure? (Or, at least knowing you’re doing everything you can to make it so?)
I know I certainly do.
So, if you are like me — if you’ve answered with a resounding, “YES!,” let’s spend some time together.
Let’s get together to have a themed, focused, guided, honest and practical conversation about money.
Let’s get together to enhance each others’ skills by exploring the deep waters of money and sharing experiences, mistakes and successes.
Let’s get together to enjoy a good meal.
Because, wouldn’t it be lovely if talking about money got easier for you than it is today?
Whether that’s talking with your mate about money; talking with your boss about your salary; talking with your clients about your prices; talking with family members and friends about money. Or, heck, talking to yourself about money?! 🙂
Let’s face it…most people feel a tad-bit queasy when it comes to talking about money. It’s emotionally awkward, hard and can, at times, be just down-right uncomfortable.
But, you and I also know that talking about money is a vitally important skill to cultivate. Being able to talk about money, with ease, has a transformative impact on how you navigate and negotiate all the ways in which money intersects with your life – personally and professionally.
Good Stuff; Good Life
And you know what else? Even clumsy conversations about money are helpful. Because, ultimately, good stuff happens when you talk about money.
That’s why I want us to get together and talk about money and life — over food. I want even more good stuff to happen in your life.
And I believe a casual conversation about money holds the key. It will help you get better at:
- talking about money – in a meaningful way
- exchanging ideas and best-practices
- managing the choices you make around your money
I’m Jacquette M. Timmons – a financial behaviorist and the author of “Financial Intimacy: How to Create a Healthy Relationship with Your Money and Your Mate.” I provide behavior-based financial coaching for singles and couples and workshops (for corporations, non-profits and conferences).
My body of work, which also includes my writings and media appearances explores a variety of “money and…” intersections.
And, I’m slightly obsessed with getting you to see that you don’t manage money per se…you manage your choices around money.
Everything I do is with the goal of helping you make better, smarter moves with your money.
I have an MBA in finance and an undergrad in marketing from a design school – a combination that helps me bring a designer’s mind-set to you and your situation.
By blending creativity, analysis and empathy, I help you solve problems, get answers, and satisfy your desires. In other words, I help you get out of your way so you can achieve your goals.
That is why I am SO thrilled to announce
Jacquette M. Timmons
The Comfort Circle™
an intimate gathering where we talk about money & life – over food
Join us to get your nagging questions answered, discover a new skill, or get affirmation that the moves you’re making are, indeed, the right ones to make.
The Ultimate Intersection
Join us because money affects or is affected by almost every aspect of your life. Our dinners provide a safe space to explore the myriad ways in which money touches your life, and they make engaging in vulnerable money conversations something you actually look forward to. Imagine that?!
Can you also imagine this: A space where talking about money is fun AND serious. A space that reflects the natural duality of life. -:)
The Comfort Circle™ is…well, very comforting! and sparking something lasting and important.Ellen
Here’s how it works:
- Each dinner has a theme
- Limited to a maximum of ten (10) guests
- All gatherings are co-ed, unless otherwise noted
- Location: Manhattan
- Three-course prixe fixe menu
- Time: 6:30pm
- Price: $150 per person
- January 29 – Create Your One-Page Financial Plan
- March 12 – The Talk: Love & Money (for all marital statuses and sexual orientation)
- March 26 – Pricing Strategy For Serviced-Based Entrepreneurs (it’s not just about the numbers)
- April 30 – Lean In/Lean Out: Discover the Best Negotiating Strategy & Tactics For You
- May 21 – Media Coaching to Get Your Message Out
- June 18 – Be More Brave; Have More Success?
- January 30th – Financing your 2017 goals and priorities
- February 27th – For Ladies Only –> Managing the financial & emotional demands of being a female breadwinner
- March 29th – Tweaking your financial game-plan as you prepare to turn your side-hustle into your main gig (or simply make it more profitable)
- April 26th – Talking about money with aging parents
- May 22nd – Selling brand “you” aka – how to apply product branding techniques to growing the *business* of what you do. (If you need to generate leads; meet sales goals or raise capital, this is for you!)
- June 26th – Designing your communications strategy – speaking, sending an email, delivering a presentation/pitch, chatting at a networking event, even being silent, are all aspects of your communications strategy. And, they all impact your salary, bonus, or revenue. Discover ways to be more intentional and strategic.
- September 25th – Finishing Ambitious & Deadline-Free Projects
- October 23rd – How to Finish the Year (Financially) Strong
Food, fellowship, and financial security fuels your life. It’s what sustains you and serves as your springboard for living a fuller, more enriched life.
It’s what brings you comfort!
That’s why I promise you’ll leave our time together with useful…
And enhanced emotional and financial intelligence!
Sparked by questions, exercises and homework (yes, homework!) to help you apply your takeaways.
Sparked by curiosity – yours and mine.
Sparked by a love of food and spending quality, intimate time with cool people.
If this sounds appealing to you, I invite you to join us for the next Comfort Circle™ dinner! Click below to register.